Sunday, November 25, 2007

11/21/07---Macy's Parade Balloon Inflation














































We went into the city to see the Macy's parade ballons be inflated. What a nightmare! It was crazy. We parked at 64th steet and the walked up to 79-81st st. That wasn't a big deal for me--but for Mike on the electric scooter--a different story considering the crowds crossing the street. Then there was only one way in to see the balloons (79th and Columbus Ave.) and one way out. They basically barricaded the musuem of nat. history and the balloons were inflated on 79th st and 81 st. Mike got separated in the crowd from me and the girls. He didn't have his cell phone with him. Luckily my friend Meg was there and happened to spot him. There was no way for him to stop once in the traffic flow. Mike went the rest of the way with Meg, Nick, the girls and Meg's parents while I was alone with the girls and praying that Mike wasn't going to kill me for dragging him into the city the evening before a holiday! We met up at the end. I really thought Mike was going to divorce me--but now we can laugh about it.
It was nice to watch the parade on tv the next day and point the balloons out that we saw in person.

No comments: