Thursday, August 21, 2008

8/14/08--Fishing in Central Park









Last summer while Ryan visited we went fishing in central park and had a contest on who could catch more fish (I believe I won last year catching 9 fish). Today we went back and tried again. This year Ryan won--catching one fish! The fish were really smart just eating the corn and not getting on the hook. We spotted a snapping turtle and that did it for me--I didn't want to catch him--so I said I was done fishing at that point. After fishing we went to the playground. The girls were not allowed to fish with small rods this year because apparently a child fell into the water and had to get a ton of shots--so only big fishing rods are allowed now. The girls had fun throwing corn and bread into the water. The fish were nice and full thanks to Amanda, Abbey, Claire and Renee!

No comments: