Saturday, August 16, 2008

7/31/08--The "Rock"




It has been exactly 6 months since my Mom passed away. Time is flying by too fast. Every time I go visit my family I always stop by the cemetery and visit my Mom. Amanda would always ask, "Where is Meme's rock?" My dad finally ordered it and it was there for her six month anniversary in heaven. It has St. Francis on it--my Mom's favorite. My Mom is buried right next to her parents --short little story. A few years ago my Mom and I would go visit my grandfather (passed in 1988 day before I graduated from middle school) and my Nana passed away Sept. 13 2003--I didn't know it at the time but I was actually pregnant with Amanda. Anywhooo back to my story.....My Mom and I would visit the cemetery together and would go for walks together since it is right down the road from our house. My mom decorated her parents gravestone with these plastic tulips that I thought were so tacky--but she liked them. We disagreed on those tulips amongst other things because she and I had such different taste on certain things! Anyway--as a tribute to my mom I bought those tacky tulips and decorated her stone with them. Mom--I hope you like them! I miss you SO much!

No comments: