Friday, March 21, 2008

3/19/08---Tomorrows Children







A month or so ago the girls and I were in Toys R Us on Rte. 4 and came across stuffed Easter bunnies for a PENNY! 18 inch plush, super soft bunnies for a PENNY! I went to the couresty counter and yes--they were a penny--so we bought them all! (18 bunnies in yellow, pink and purple) Our cart was overflowing with bunnies! I didn't know what we would do with them all--but was not going to pass them up. Ofcourse I didn't have my wallet with me (not on purpose) it turned out that the night before Abbey took it out of the diaper bag and Mike put in on the kitchen table--etc. I was in a panic--where is my wallet. I called Mike and luckily the store was able to put it on his credit card ...nothing is ever easy.
I came home and told Mike about my deal and how I wanted to donate them to kids who will appreciate them. He mentioned the kids cancer center at Hackensack Medical Center. I said that is great. We arranged a meeting with Kathy Ambrose, Administrative Director and gave her the bunnies to give to the kids battling the disease.
I let Amanda and Abbey keep one bunny any color of their choice--which ofcourse they chose pink. So we donated 17 bunnies to the Tomorrows Children's Fund at HMC.
I am trying to educate Amanda about giving to others and how there are kids that are really sick
in this world and how lucky she and Abbey are. I don't stress it too much but want to get the underlying message to her. I don't know how much of it she absorbs--but hopefully something.

No comments: