Thursday, July 26, 2007

7/25/07-----Corks arrive




We had over 120,000 corks delivered yesterday. What a nightmare! They were supposed to be boxes in smaller 50lb. boxes. That meant about 25 --50lb. boxes. We were all set to have them delivered to the storage unit. Okay--so the truck arrives at the storage room--but is too big to fit under the loading dock. So he opens the back of the truck so we can take out the boxes--well to my SHOCK the cork company didn't box my corks. They just shipped us this giagantic crate filled with corks. It was overflowing on the top of the box with about 12 plactic garbage bags shrink wrapped around it too. What the heck was I going to do with this? The delivery man was nice enough to follow me to my house and bring them into my garage (with the help of a man I flagged down off the street and paid $50. to help the delivery man. I mean this was huge. The delivery man said we really needed a fork lift!). That is where I spent 6 hours of my day scooping corks out of the large bin putting them in garbage bags. Then carting them back to the storage room! So glad that is done! Notice--Posh Spice aka Amanda Michelle in the photo munching on cheerios! The girls were really good at helping me. Not the ideal way for them to spend their day!




No comments: